There is so many musical acts in each genre, but there are ones that you favorite more than another. You wait for announcements on when they will release new albums/songs and begin touring, nothing more satisfying when your favorite artist releases a great song/album and you just can’t help but treasure it. Let’s begin on my top ten favorite musical acts.
10. Kesha While she may be criticized for using too much Auto-tune and only making party songs, Kesha is actually way more than that. She’s a gifted songwriter and an unique artist that really stands out from the crowd. Her party songs are catchy, danceable and unforgettable. Let’s not forget when she digs deep and makes wonderful ballads. Love her or not, you have to admit she’s very talented. Love her!
9. Ciara A great R&B artist. With breathy vocals that can convey sexy, sassy and sad emotions, Ciara has a very unique underrated voice. Transitioning from R&B crunk to R&B pop, she has really become the most changed for the better R&B diva of the past decade. Ciara is not only a great singer, but also a great performer and dancer, the woman belongs onstage. Making small comebacks, Ciara is one that you can’t ever forget.
8. Dia Frampton Been a big fan since of her since Meg&Dia. Was rooting and voting for her when she was a contestant on The Voice, and would argue that she should have won. Dia really matured on the show and you can hear it on her album, Red. She has great songwriting skills and a very amazing distinctive voice. When it comes to indie artists, she’s the first one to check out.
7. Kat DeLuna The under appreciated Dominican dance diva. Been a huge fan since Whine Up scorched the dance floors. With a strong voice, Kat DeLuna is able to make great impressions on songs without needing Auto Tune. Incorporating Caribbean or dancehall sounds, she releases very unique dance jams that you can’t help but get your groove on.
6. Tynisha Keli With a strong soulful voice, Tynisha exceeds in beautiful ballads and R&B pop songs. Releasing songs in which many listeners are able to relate to, she is a ballad songbird that’s quite a gem. Mostly only famous for her song I Wish You Loved Me, Tynisha unfortunately hasn’t gotten much success in the United States like she has in Japan. She took a 5 year hiatus, but a weeks ago, she released a new song and I’m absolutely excited for more music.
5. Wynter Gordon First started off as a songwriter and a featured artist, Wynter transitioned into a well established artist. Famous for her dance songs, she moved onto acclaimed experimental pop. Gifted with spectacular songwriting skills and a beautiful singing voice, Wynter makes music that makes you appreciate the lyrics and the vocals. She brings variety to her discography and in my eyes/ears, she’s a true artist that deserves much more love.
4. Nelly Furtado Love Nelly! Starting off with soft adult contemporary pop to folk pop and then dance pop, Nelly has really evolved as an artist. One of the only few female musical artists to win the Grammy for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for their debut single. Nelly’s work is well praised for her innovative mixture of various genres and sounds. I love her voice, her creative sounds and songwriting, she’s just absolutely amazing.
3. Mariah Carey The one and only true diva. Probably the most influential vocal stylist, Mariah’s five octave and melismatic singing has become its own legacy. Having two singles with the most weeks at number one and 18 number ones in all, Mariah is a force to be reckon with. Releasing wonderful songs in the 90’s that still hold today, Mariah is absolutely timeless and wonderful. She’s beautiful, vocally and lyrically gifted, a true artist, she’s Mariah Carey.
2. In This Moment The only metal band that made the list. Been a huge fan of them since they first debuted. My older brother was watching MTV2’s Headbanger Ball and that’s when I first heard Prayers and automatically loved it. At the time, I didn’t listen to metal at all, but In This Moment opened my ears to a whole new music experience. Maria Brink is such a gifted artist, her lyrics are deep and personal, and her vocals are absolutely spectacular, they leave you in awe. Not afraid to take chances, In This Moment has released songs with no screaming, ballads and dub step influences. I’m gonna keep buying their music regardless on what they do, I been a fan for a decade already and I still will be.
1. Kylie Minogue The Goddess of Pop! Was first a fan when I saw her perform at the Olympics, her spectacular Dancing Queen cover is the best Olympic performance. If you visited my blog, you might have seen I posted top favorite lists about her, from her fashion moments, to her music videos and live performances. She really is my all time favorite musical artist. With unforgettable fashion moments, spectacular live shows, outstanding albums and amazing songs, Kylie is a true pop icon. Music isn’t the only I love about her, it’s her strength as well. When she first started, she was seen only as a pop tart (The Singing Budgie) which isn’t the best thing to be called, but she didn’t let that bring her down. She kept making music, she mutated through the 90’s by writing her own songs and experimenting with different genres, and when it seemed like her career was over, she went back to her dance pop roots and made a spectacular comeback. The time she really showed her strength is of course when she bravely fought breast cancer. It’s still heartbreaking that a beautiful person like Kylie had an life threatening illness, but it’s an inspiration that she beat it. It’s now been 28 years since she’s been in the music business and she is still relevant, something critics said she couldn’t achieve. Kylie is one of the best pop stars out there.
Yeah I know my favorites on this list are all women, but that’s just how it is. Who are your favorite musical acts? Comment below.