Welcome to the 6th day of Kylie week! Kylie has given great fashion moments, live performances and albums, but when it all comes down to it, the songs are the most important of all. And while it may be Kylie’s 47th birthday coming up, it seems more proper to do this countdown with 50 songs than to use an odd number. This list however will only be from 50-26. Let’s get started.
45. Shocked Maybe her most underrated classic. The DNA Mix (the one I love) has a rap in the bridge by Jazzi P and shockingly it fits very well. Infused with techno and dance pop, the song is a very danceable track.
44. White Diamond An elegant gem. The song really touches the soul and just makes emotions take over. It takes the listener into Kylie’s journey through her fight with breast cancer, where you can understand that you need to reach out for help when you need it.
43. Limbo A standout track from Impossible Princess. It’s quite amazing how a song dealing with powerlessness can be so aggressive, but groovy and fresh. The production is spectacular and perfect for a club.
42. The World Still Turns Off of her Rhythm of Love album. It has a very nice melody and inspirational lyrics. The sax solo is great and fits very well in the song. It’s a great post breakup song to listen to.
41. Tears Another great standout track from the Impossible Princess era. It’s quirky, but fits extremely well with the era. The bridge, my god, the bridge is absolutely fantastic, my favorite part of the song.
40. Come Into My World The last single from Fever. The song is absolutely seductive, especially with the alluring refrain (come, come, come into my world). The song is so amazing, it awarded Kylie with her only Grammy.
37. Did It Again With the lyrics discussing the themes of self-consciousness and self-hatred, the song is a cunning look at celebrity without mentioning fame. Mixing pop rock and Middle eastern music, the track really stood out from the album and was a great choice for a single.
36. Got To Be Certain A great classic. This cute cheesy song catchy and fun. It’s anthem about making up your mind before getting with a guy (listen to this song Taylor Swift). One of Kylie’s charming songs.
32. Kiss Me Once Such a surprise this wasn’t a single. A huge highlight from the album, it’s a radio friendly ballad with passionate vocals, well written lyrics and a powerful melody. Great song for a wedding.
27. Sexy Love This disco pop song is absolutely great. Off of her Kiss Me Once album, this sweet and catchy song is extremely appealing. My favorite parts is the chorus and the addictive hook, I love it.
26. Slow The lead single of Body Language. Kylie’s vocals are sensual and seductive, making the sultry electronic production even sexier. One of her strongest songs to date, the simple approach is an absolute triumph.
There’s half of the list. Come back tomorrow to see number one.