Happy Birthday Kylie!!! If you were visiting my blog for the last week, you would have seen I been posting top favorite lists about her, from her fashion moments, to her music videos and live performances. She really is my all time favorite musical artist. With unforgettable fashion moments, spectacular live shows, outstanding albums and amazing songs, Kylie is a true pop icon. Music isn’t the only I love about her, it’s her strength as well. When she first started, she was seen only as a pop tart (The Singing Budgie) which isn’t the best thing to be called, but she didn’t let that bring her down. She kept making music, she mutated through the 90’s by writing her own songs and experimenting with different genres. And when it seemed like her career was over, she went back to her dance pop roots and made a spectacular comeback. The time she really showed her strength is of course when she bravely fought breast cancer. It’s still heartbreaking that a beautiful person like Kylie had an life threatening illness, but it’s an inspiration that she beat it. It’s now been 28 years since she’s been in the music business and she is still relevant, something critics said she couldn’t achieve. Kylie is one of the best pop stars out there, a fashion icon and an inspiration to so many people in the world. I love you Kylie and may you have a day full of laughter and love. Happy Birthday!
Welcome to the 7th day of Kylie week! It’s the last day of my top favorite Kylie lists. Yesterday I posted the first half of my favorite 50 Kylie songs. Now here’s the last half.
21. Dangerous Game
A very beautiful ballad from her self-titled album. Her strong, mature vocals, well written lyrics and the unique take on love, Kylie has recorded a standout ballad. What I love the most is the outro being repeated thrice, end the song perfectly.
20. Breathe Her most known song from Impossible Princess. A song about holding emotions when stressed, it’s perfect to listen to when you need to relax. The sensual vibe makes it more beautiful and perfect.
16. Heartstrings A bonus track on Japan’s exclusive edition of Aphrodite. Very hypnotic and cute, this just gives me goosebumps. The lyrical content, while it may repeat, really catches the feeling you get when you have a crush.
14. All The Lovers The lead single off of Aphrodite. One of Kylie’s best recent tracks. With an euphoric atmosphere, Kylie’s breathy sensual vocals and arms-in-the-air chorus, the song was a sure dance hit. A Kylie classic.
11. Get Outta My Way One of Aphrodite’s singles. This sassy number is irresistible to dance to. Right when La Roux and Lady Gaga released pop hits, Get Outta My Way is far superior and shows why Kylie is still the queen.
9. Crystallize A song from the Kiss Me Once era, this was the best song song released. Has sweet lyrics and a glorious production, the song just induces a smile on your face. Singing with uplifting vocals, this pop gem is aspiring than any other modern charity song.
8. Disco Down An underrated track from Light Years. A modern disco song with a futuristic sound, Kylie sings about sad disco days. It’s one of the best songs from Light Years, should’ve been a single. Excellent dance song. Perfection!
7. Chocolate A Body Language single. This silky, sexy tracks completely underrated. The lyrics are fantastically well written. It’s hard not to want sex when I listen to this song. My favorite part is the bridge, just brilliant.
6. Paper Dolls Probably the cutest song I ever heard. Her vocals are perfect, the melody is divine, with a lush production and a refreshing theme of love, the song hooks you into loving it. To my future husband, this is gonna be our wedding song. Too damn cute and endearing.
5. Can’t Get You Out of My Head Her most iconic song. This nu-disco track is her biggest hit. The la la la hook and synths are hypnotic and impossible to forget. It’s a timeless pop record that will never be forgotten.
4. Dreams The closing track of Impossible Princess. It’s a very thoughtful song about life. This alternative pop gem is one of Kylie’s extremely well written songs. The closing song is very powerful and dramatic that keeps your attention. One of her best.
3. Love At First Sight Single off of Fever. This dance pop record is one of her best, absolutely appealing. It gives off a positive feel, perfect for the summer and school dances. Such a classic. The ending refrain is a true beauty.
2. Better The Devil You Know This 1990 classic is just outstanding. The disco pop tune is one of her best songs recorded. It’s a timeless pop masterpiece that’s always a joy to listen to. A perfect gay anthem.
1. The One Yes I can see the irony. I tried to put Better The Devil You Know as number one to avoid the irony, but The One is my absolute favorite. The song is just pop perfection. It’s one of her best in her career, the lyrics and the music composition shimmers gloriously. The chorus is enchanting and captivating that will keep you singing it. Love it! Just love this song!
So there you go, my favorite 50 Kylie Minogue songs. What are your favorite Kylie songs? Comment below and come back tomorrow for the last post of Kylie week.
Welcome to the 6th day of Kylie week! Kylie has given great fashion moments, live performances and albums, but when it all comes down to it, the songs are the most important of all. And while it may be Kylie’s 47th birthday coming up, it seems more proper to do this countdown with 50 songs than to use an odd number. This list however will only be from 50-26. Let’s get started.
45. Shocked Maybe her most underrated classic. The DNA Mix (the one I love) has a rap in the bridge by Jazzi P and shockingly it fits very well. Infused with techno and dance pop, the song is a very danceable track.
44. White Diamond An elegant gem. The song really touches the soul and just makes emotions take over. It takes the listener into Kylie’s journey through her fight with breast cancer, where you can understand that you need to reach out for help when you need it.
43. Limbo A standout track from Impossible Princess. It’s quite amazing how a song dealing with powerlessness can be so aggressive, but groovy and fresh. The production is spectacular and perfect for a club.
42. The World Still Turns Off of her Rhythm of Love album. It has a very nice melody and inspirational lyrics. The sax solo is great and fits very well in the song. It’s a great post breakup song to listen to.
41. Tears Another great standout track from the Impossible Princess era. It’s quirky, but fits extremely well with the era. The bridge, my god, the bridge is absolutely fantastic, my favorite part of the song.
40. Come Into My World The last single from Fever. The song is absolutely seductive, especially with the alluring refrain (come, come, come into my world). The song is so amazing, it awarded Kylie with her only Grammy.
37. Did It Again With the lyrics discussing the themes of self-consciousness and self-hatred, the song is a cunning look at celebrity without mentioning fame. Mixing pop rock and Middle eastern music, the track really stood out from the album and was a great choice for a single.
36. Got To Be Certain A great classic. This cute cheesy song catchy and fun. It’s anthem about making up your mind before getting with a guy (listen to this song Taylor Swift). One of Kylie’s charming songs.
32. Kiss Me Once Such a surprise this wasn’t a single. A huge highlight from the album, it’s a radio friendly ballad with passionate vocals, well written lyrics and a powerful melody. Great song for a wedding.
27. Sexy Love This disco pop song is absolutely great. Off of her Kiss Me Once album, this sweet and catchy song is extremely appealing. My favorite parts is the chorus and the addictive hook, I love it.
26. Slow The lead single of Body Language. Kylie’s vocals are sensual and seductive, making the sultry electronic production even sexier. One of her strongest songs to date, the simple approach is an absolute triumph.
There’s half of the list. Come back tomorrow to see number one.
Today is the 5th day in Kylie Week! It’s Memorial Day and what better way to commemorate this day with a BBQ. And it’s no BBQ without some pop songs to dance along with. Kylie Minogue has released great albums with perfect pop songs for this occasion. So today I’m counting down my favorite Kylie Minogue albums that I enjoy listening to when days like this come along. Or just when I’m bored and want to listen to music. So let’s begin.
5. Enjoy Yourself Her second album released. While it may have been similar to her first album, it has more memorable catchy songs. It does have some of her classics like Hand On Your Heart, Never Too Late and Wouldn’t Change A Thing. The album also has other great tunes like Enjoy Yourself, I’m Over Dreaming (Over You) and Tell Take Signs. The upbeat songs are fun to listen to and dance to. Sure the songs are bubble gum pop, but doesn’t mean they’re bad, the album lifts up your spirits and gives you a big smile on your face. Favorite Tracks: Hand On Your Heart, Enjoy Yourself, Never Too Late, Wouldn’t Change A Thing, Tell Tale Signs
4. Aphrodite Kylie’s eleventh album released. Kylie went back to her roots back in Light Years and Fever. With Stuart Price as a producer, the songs are absolutely danceable and catchy as hell. The whole album is cohesive and has many songs that are already considered classics. In the U.S, all four singles released topped the Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs chart, which shows that Kylie is still a dance queen here. The album itself also cracked the top 20 on the Billboard 200 chart. Also when it topped the UK chart, Kylie became the first solo artist to have a number one album in four different decades. This is a perfect album for partying and celebrate a great fun time. Favorite Tracks: All The Lovers, Get Outta My Way, Can’t Beat The Feeling, Too Much
3. Fever Her eighth album released. The production is spectacular, making the album have gorgeous dance songs. There’s no weak track in the album to ruin the groove and consistency. With Can’t Get You Out of My Head’s commercial success, Fever became Kylie’s best selling album. It became so successful, Fever even sold extremely well here in the U.S. Some songs are seductive and some are carefree to party with. What I love the most of the album is how mature it is, it’s not a boppy teen one that were so popular in the early 2000’s. In my opinion, it was the best pop album of 2002. Favorite Tracks: Can’t Get You Out of My Head, Love At First Sight, Tightrope, Love Affair
2. X Kylie’s tenth album and her comeback album after her fight with breast cancer. In this album, Kylie went down the electro dance route. It may be slightly inconsistent, but doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing, just means there’s a song for a different mood you’re in. There’s inspirational songs, there’s electro dance songs and there’s pop rock ones. With the album’s fantastic production, catchy hooks and inspirational lyrics, the album was nominated for a Grammy for Best Electronic/Dance Album in 2009. The album is packed with vitality and flavor, it’s impossible not to love it. Favorite Tracks: The One, Wow, Sensitized, Carried Away
1. Impossible Princess Her sixth album released and her most underrated. The album has an outstanding vision and appeal. Kylie really stretched herself as an artist and really took a risk to make an indie album. Because of this risk, this became Kylie’s worst selling album which is baffling since how experimentally flawless the album is. The public and critics only saw Kylie as a pop princess and not an artist. Her songwriting is very mature and damn impressive. There’s an exuberant feeling when you listen to the tracks, it’s quite hard to explain, but you don’t care since the songs take over and lead you to a surreal world. It’s my all time favorite album and dare I say it, her absolute best one. Masterpiece! Favorite Tracks: Breathe, Dreams, Jump, Tears
So there you go, my absolute favorite Kylie Minogue albums. Which ones are your favorite to listen to? Comment below and come back tomorrow for another Kylie post.
Fourth day of Kylie week! Now this post will be on my favorite music videos. Kylie has made some of the best videos out there. She has made sexy ones, ones focused on videos and fun dance ones. She is an artist I always have anticipation for when she announces a music video. So let’s start this.
Timebomb – It’s most notable for the heart shaped leather jacket, Kylie looks sexy and sassy as she struts down the streets of Soho. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zL2wGYCINwY
Wow – I love the white tracksuit! I love the futuristic style of the club goers. The neon strobe lights really makes the video visually outstanding. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wL2HKKrY7sM
Some Kind of Bliss – A nice Bonnie and Clyde themed video. Love the red hair, her outfits and the story of the video. It’s definitely one of her underrated videos. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qBSg4_WStsU&autoplay=1
Better Than Today – Inspired by 80’s video games, this colorful music video is very visually appealing and fun. Gotta love the Pac-Man helmets! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vypAgJWiifA
Chocolate – Using old musicals as an inspiration, the video is very sensual and diverse. The ballet routine is classy and fits beautifully in the video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WjhmB0JlCTo&autoplay=1
10. Can’t Get You Out of My Head – Set in a futuristic setting, this video is experimental and glamorous. It’s most famous for her white jumpsuit which made a fashion moment in music video history. The choreography is absolute outstanding and very different. Love it! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IFx3WX4DES0
9. Flower – Directed by Kylie herself, she was able to illustrate the video in her point of view and did it wonderfully. Shot in black and white, Kylie takes inspiration from her Where Is The Feeling video and makes it more steamy and romantic at the same time. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=et-RT1INf7c
8. Put Yourself In My Place – Recreating the opening sequence from Barbarella, Kylie makes of the sexiest music videos ever. The sensual song makes the video very intimate and dreamy. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q9t6wef5xlE
7. In My Arms – Having five different sequences, Kylie looks amazing in each one and neon fantastic. My favorite sequence is her singing in front of the fan. I love her peacock inspired eye makeup and her stylish dress. It’s a video that just puts a smile on your face. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj6IKIPteuE
6. Spinning Around – One of her iconic videos and famous for her gold hot pants. She looks absolutely sexy writhing around at the bar. Really love the dance sequence at the end. It’s fun and cute. The guy she dances with is hot as well. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qaGS3Uts704
5. Get Outta My Way – Taking inspiration from her Slow and In Your Eyes, Kylie stars in a very sexy video. There’s dancing and hot half naked men, it’s one that you can’t keep your eyes off. She looks absolutely fierce in every outfit she’s wearing. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BHGaW8lBlSk
4. All The Lovers – A very unique video with an eye catching imagery, a pyramid of human lovers, which was inspired by Spencer Tunick installations. It’s a pop music video moment that has been made in a lovely, sensual way. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=frv6FOt1BNI
3. Come Into My World – Considered her best music video ever. Michel Gondry made a mind blowing, complex video that makes you watch it again and again as you get hypnotized by the song. There’s a reason why it has been placed at Number One on Slant Magazine’s Best of the Aughts: Music Videos list. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=63vqob-MljQ
2. Confide In Me – Having six different sequences in which features Kylie in front of different backgrounds that plays on a social evils such as sex, drug use and war. The focus on these evils make the song even more heartwarming. Many fans say this is one of her worst videos, I don’t see how, it’s a masterpiece. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nlpgfb1xXwM
1. Did It Again – Nothing better than 4 fashionable Kylies. It’s great to see her play tongue in cheek with the reinventions she has done. If you saw my Kylie fashion moments list, you’d see that I love Indie Kylie’s outfit the most. Is it me or does Sex Kylie remind anybody of Romy from Romy & Michele? The four Kylies battle for supremacy in such an amusing way that you can’t help but smile. Indie Kylie FTW! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PPzuegmN1mE
So there you go, my favorite Kylie Mingoue music videos. What is your favorite music video from Kylie? Which ones do you prefer, her fun dance one, fashion ones or her sexy ones? Comment below and come back tomorrow for another Kylie post.
Third day of Kylie week! When we Kylie performs, she always puts on a great show. I love rewatching her performances on YouTube, and also got all her live DVDs. She is a great performer and belongs on the stage. I’m gonna be counting down my favorite live performances she has done, this includes from her tours and live performances on tv. Let’s go!
20. Breathe/ Je’tame from Money Can’t Buy
Performed at her one off concert show to promote Body Language. The sampling of Je’tame really makes the performance more sensual. The dance interlude is well choreographed and her kimono is fabulous. A very sultry performance. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WYEXVKPJasI
19. 80’s Medley from Kiss Me Once Tour
One thing a hardcore Kylie fan loves is when she performed her classics. The dancers’ costumes are wonderfully cheesy, but that’s cause it’s all for fun. Kicking off with Hand On Your Heart and ending with I Should Be So Lucky (recreating the bathtub scene), this medley was fun and silly and the best part of her Kiss Me Once Tour. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i1ZTydx2NzE
18. Slow from the 2004 EMA’s
Using the bird’s eye view in the beginning like I’m the video really makes the performance more original. The dancers with the light sticks really make the performance electric and enticing. Her vocals are great and sensual. Love when she yells out, “I want my MTV!” https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TbCngYUBiiA
17. Aphrodite from Aphrodite Les Folies Tour
The opening performance. Are your ready for your Aphrodite?! Recreating the Birth of Venus, Kylie emerges from the floor looking absolutely stunning. The underwater projection is wonderfully magical as well. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bbGOR4F3rQo
16. Cherry Bomb from Anti Tour
One of the few filmed performances that were released. Wearing a Marilyn Monroe shirt and jean hot pants, Kylie does an electrifying performance not only with her vocals but with her sex appeal. Even without the dancers and extravagant outfits, Kylie is still engaging and spectacular. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uInOufqt02A
15. All The Lovers from Germany’s Next Top Model
Recreating the human orgy pile from the video, the performance is very sensual and euphoric. Kylie is wearing a beautiful summer dress and alluring makeup. This is my favorite performance of All The Lovers. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Z4dBusPls
14. Better The Devil You Know from An Audience with Kylie Minogue
A duet with Adam Garcia. Kylie and Adam performed a big band version of the 1990 classic. The two sound great together and is just a magnificent performance. Also love Adam’s tap dancing. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kbXxOthOREI
13. Locomotion from Dancing With The Stars
It’s great to see Kylie on a U.S tv show to celebrate her 25 year anniversary in the music industry. Kylie’s energy and vocals are incredible. Wearing a short white dress, Kylie’s legs were showcased very well. The dancers were great as well and yes, Tom, Kylie does makes a great way to start the show. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oicG9ECtN3I
12. The One from Aphrodite Les Folies Tour
Coming right after Aphrodite is performed. The harp blends beautifully in the song. The minimal choreography in the performance really makes it more elegant. This is a great treatment to this pop gem. Very beautiful. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=koetbMdY2uw
11. Better Than Today from X-Factor UK
Wearing a sultry red dress, Kylie does a spectacular performance. Recreating the video with the projection and costumes, the whole performance is a great visual. Also great to see Kylie laugh off when she almost fell. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q280w_9EKpM
10. I Should Be So Lucky from Showgirl: Greatest Hits
One of the highlights from the tours. I really love the sign language choreography. The energy she brings to this performance is joyous. Her twirling gives me life, it’s so cute. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jxf66UtSZ_E
9. Flower from KylieX2008 Tour
The debut of this beautiful song. She comes out in a beautiful blue dress, Kylie serenades the audience with her emotional vocals. Can’t help but tear up a little when I see this performance. https://vimeo.com/51846156
8. If You Don’t Love Me from Aphrodite Les Folies Tour
Another touching performance on this list. Sitting on stairs and accompanied with her keyboardist (David Kench) Kylie nailed this performance with her stunning vocals. This is her best vocal performance ever. Gotta love the cheering crowd as well. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mriTQ7xQUFg
7. Get Outta My Way from America’s Got Talent
If you saw my favorite Kylie fashion moment list, you’d see that I love her outfit here. This was a spectacular performance. She owned the stage and showed America why she is known as the Goddess of Pop. My favorite thing about this performance is the videography shown in the back. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P-4gV6kXmRk
6. Heartbeat Rock/Wow from KylieX2008 Tour
The horns playing are just great! I love it! Kylie looks sexy dressed in her football outfit. When Heartbeat Rock ends and Wow begins, it’s a great transition. And yes ladies, Kylie does rock! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-3FHBAZ3Qy0
5. Can’t Get You Out of My Head from 2002 Brits
An iconic song with an iconic performance. Making a grand entrance, Kylie puts on an epic performance. The mashup with Blue Monday really took the song into a whole new level of awesome. The performance was the best from the awards show, not that I’m surprised. https://vimeo.com/6654622
4. Come Into My World from Fever Tour
Emerging from the stage floor in a cybernetic outfit, Kylie makes another unforgettable entrance. Her vocals are on point and her stage presence is overwhelming. Leave it to Kylie to always give out an unique performance. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cf0ZS1EJjSM
3. Can’t Beat The Feeling/Love At First Sight from Aphrodite Les Folies Tour
Any of you like a mashup?! I love this performance! There’s so much spunk and joy when this was performed. She looks hot, her vocals are great and her stage presence is mesmerizing. When the crowd sings for her, I can’t help but tear up a little, there’s just so much love showing. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ5U-1Jz6sI
2. Hand On Your Heart from Showgirl:Greatest Hits
Man, this is a great performance! Always nice to step back in time. The beginning interlude fits well and the dancers look cute as well. The choreography is fun and great to watch. Her singers singing back up sound wonderful and really makes the performance flow beautifully. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5bwpzjF8kG0
1. Dancing Queen from the 2000 Olympics
This was the first time I ever saw a performance from Kylie. My family were watching the Olympics and I walked in when it was about to begin. When the performance was over, I loved her automatically, I asked my mom if she could buy me a CD by her (got Light Years). Rewatching this performance, I’m more amazed today than when I first saw it. When the announcer says her name, you know you’re in for a spectacular performance. She looks great and sings amazing. The best Olympics performance ever! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5q0DAGVdvTc
So there you go, my favorite Kylie live performances. What live performance do you love? What was the first one you saw? Comment below and come back tomorrow for a new Kylie post.
Second day of Kylie week! Today’s post will be on my favorite Kylie Fashion Moments. Kylie isn’t only a pop icon, but also a fashion icon. She has been dressed by many fashion designers and given us many amazing looks. Let’s countdown my 15 favorite fashion moments.
14. Wow Music Video – White Tracksuit Wearing a glam white tracksuit and a white bobbed wig, Kylie really stand out in the futuristic club the video is filmed in. With that outfit, she looks like she would be Zenon’s older sister.
13. America’s Got Talent performing Get Outta My Way She’s seen here wearing a David Koma black mini dress and gold Louboutin ankle boots. The dress is unique with the asymmetric look and the amazing zig-zag zipper design.
12. For You, For Me Tour Opening Dressed in a silver corset designed by Jean Paul Gaultier. Also wearing Giuseppe Zanotti heels, jeweled cuff and a globe headpiece. Showing off her legs, Miss Minogue knows how to make an entrance to her U.S fans.
7. Timebomb Music Video – Jacket The Moschino jacket she wears in this video is very eye catching. The big heart really makes the jacket stylishly fashionable. Once my girl friends saw it, they all wanted one.
4. Can’t Get You Out of My Head Music Video – White Jumpsuit Of course this is gonna on this list! Designed by Fee Doran. The white jumpsuit has a plunging neckline became iconic the moment it was first seen. The outfit is subtly sexy and urban. Kylie is probably the only pop star who could wear this and make it not slutty.
3. Did It Again Music Video – Indie Kylie In this video, there are 4 different Kylies, but Indie Kylie fashionably stood out. The whole red ensemble is very sassy and stylish. She looks flawless in the outfit and definitely needs a comeback.
2. Holy Motors Cannes Premiere Designed by Dolce & Gabbana. What can I say about this? She looks absolutely beautiful. Stunning. Breathtaking. Flawless. The dress hugs her body in all the right places, showcasing her natural curves. Golden Goddess!
1. Spinning Around Music Video – Gold Hot Pants
It’s impossible not have this fashion moment as number one. These gold hot pants is the most iconic fashion moment in Kylie’s career. Only costing 50 pence, these hot pants became a national treasure. It showcased her incredible legs and her fantastic bum. The gold hot pants not only made an impact on her career, but also the fashion world.
Kylie always gets people talking when it comes to fashion. What are your favorite Kylie fashion moments? Any fashion moments you can’t stop talking about? Comment below and come back tomorrow for another Kylie post.